We now move to a future event that will impact every member of the Body of Christ – The Judgment Seat of Christ.
[These notes are from a message preached 40 years ago. The notes are in outline form.]
(1) The Judgment Seat of Christ is a time of examining.
“everyone of us shall give an account of himself to God.”
(2) The Judgment most likely takes place immediately following the rapture and resurrection.
(3) The Judgment Seat is most likely located in Heaven.
(4) Christ is the Judge on the Judgment Seat.
(5) The Judge is concerned only with believers at the Judgment Seat. Judgment of the unsaved comes later.
(6) The Judgment concerns the works believers performed during their life on earth. Sin is not an issue in this Judgment. Jesus paid for our sins on His Cross!
(7) The Judgment will cause a two-fold result: a reward received or a reward lost.
- Romans 14:10
- 1 Corinthians 3:14-15; 15:51-57
- II Corinthians 5:1-10
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
[Thank you for reading these teaching notes from 40 years ago. My prayer is they will be a blessing to you and your ministry.]