Teaching Notes are Bible studies we taught before GraceLife Ministries began publishing articles online in 1995. Some were presented as sermons, others as group studies.
Our hope is that these older studies will be a blessing to you in your life and ministry. Please use them in any way God leads you.
These teaching notes are part of a study in Titus.
[These notes are from a Bible study taught more than 40 years ago. The notes are in outline form.]
Titus 2:11-15 (Text – 2:12)
- Deny – Mark 8:34
“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.”
A. Deny ungodliness – 2 Timothy 2:16
- Atheism – Belief in no God – Psalm 10:4; 14:1
- Agnosticism – Belief in not wanting to know – Romans 1:18
- Formalism – Belief in tradition – Matthew 23:14
- Materialism – Belief in things – Luke 12:15
- Humanism – Belief in man – Titus 3:5
- Modernism – Belief in change – Hebrews 13:8
- Rationalism – Belief in mind – 1 Timothy 6:20
- Communism – Belief in community – Colossians 2:8
- Existentialism – Belief in present – Galatians 2:20
- Spiritism – Belief in the occult – Acts 26:18
B. Deny worldly lusts – James 4:4; 1 John 2:15-16
2. Live – John 10:10b
A. Soberly (temperate, self-controlled) – 2 Peter 1:3-9 (AMP)
B. Righteously – Philippians 1:9-11
C. Godly – 1 Timothy 4:7-8; 6:3-11 (AMP)
[Thank you for reading these teaching notes from more than 40 years ago. My prayer is they will be a blessing to you, your family and your ministry.