Teaching Notes are Bible studies we taught before GraceLife Ministries began publishing articles online in 1995. Some were presented as sermons, others as group studies.
Our hope is that these older studies will be a blessing to you in your life and ministry. Please use them in any way God leads you.
These teaching notes are from a series of studies about the Gospel of Mark.
[These notes are from a study prepared 45 years ago.]
Preaching Values in the Gospel of Mark
- The Servant of God (General)
- The Servant’s Heart (General)
- The Purpose of God’s Call (1:16-20)
- Spirit Baptism (1:8)
- Testing precedes service (1:12-13)
- The two-fold message of God (1:15)
- Teaching with authority (1:22)
- The power of Christ (General)
- The power of faith in God (2:1-5)
- The purpose of Christ’s coming (2:15-17)
- The break from law to grace (2:18-22)
- The purpose of the Sabbath (2:23-28)
- The unpardonable sin (3:22-30)
- The importance of spiritual relationship to Christ (3:31-35)
- The parable of the sower and the seed (4:3-20)
- The Kingdom of God (General)
- The sin of unbelief (6:1-6)
- Warning against tradition (7:1-13)
- The wickedness of the heart (7:14-23)
- Terms of discipleship (8:34-38)
- The glory of Christ (9:1-13)
- The sin of sectarianism (9:38-42)
- Hell (9:43-50)
- The promise of spiritual reward (10:28-31)
- Teaching on the last days of Christ’s ministry on earth, His death, burial, resurrection, and ascension into Heaven (11:1-16:20)
We will look at Chapter Three of the Gospel of Mark in the next part of our special series.
[Thank you for reading these teaching notes from 45 years ago. My prayer is they will be a blessing to you and your ministry.]