Teaching Notes are Bible studies we taught before GraceLife Ministries began publishing articles online in 1995. Some were presented as sermons, others as group studies.
Our hope is that these older studies will be a blessing to you in your life and ministry. Please use them in any way God leads you.
These teaching notes are from a study about Healthy Families.
[These notes are from a study from almost 40 years ago.]
The Healthy Family Affirms and Supports One Another
- The parents have good self esteem
- There is a positive mood in the family
- The support is not pressure to perform, but affirmation and caring for the family member
The Healthy Family Respects Others
- They respect individual differences in the family
- They respect the property of others
- They respect other groups outside the family
- Each member respects themselves
The Healthy Family Trusts
- The parents deeply trust each other
- The children are gradually given an opportunity to earn trust as they grow and mature
- They don’t break the trust within the family
- Broken trust can be mended
The Healthy Family Shares Time Together
- They have a sense of play and humor
- They share leisure time
[Thank you for reading these teaching notes from almost 40 years ago. My prayer is they will be a blessing to you and your life and ministry.]