Teaching Notes are Bible studies we taught before GraceLife Ministries began publishing articles online in 1995. Some were presented as sermons, others as group studies.
Our hope is that these older studies will be a blessing to you in your life and ministry. Please use them in any way God leads you.
These teaching notes are from a series of studies about the Duties of a Church Leader.
[These notes are from a radio broadcast study taught more than 40 years ago. You can read Part 1 by clicking here.]
Taken from the Letters of Paul to Timothy
The Church Leader Should:
11. Remind God’s people that in these last days many will leave the faith:
- Giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils
- Speaking lies in hypocrisy
- Having their consciences seared with a hot iron
- Forbidding to marry
- Commanding abstinence from meats
12. Refuse profane and old wives tales
13. Exercise himself unto godliness
14. Adhere to the following:
- Letting no man despise his youth
- Being an example of the believers in word, conversation, love, spirit, faith, purity
- Spending much time in reading, exhorting, and in doctrine
- Being not neglectful of his spiritual gift
- Meditating on all these things and giving himself completely to them
- Taking heed unto himself and unto doctrine and continuing in them
15. Don’t rebuke an elder
16. Intreat the elders as fathers and the younger men as brothers
17. Intreat the elder women as mothers and the younger women as sisters, with all purity
18. Honor the true widows
19. Have the children or nephews take care of the widows
20. Teach that a person who does not provide for his household has denied the faith and is worse than an infidel
We will look at ten more Duties of a Church Leader in the next part of our special series.
[Thank you for reading these teaching notes from more than 40 years ago. My prayer is they will be a blessing to you and your ministry.]