Teaching Notes are Bible studies we taught before GraceLife Ministries began publishing articles online in 1995. Some were presented as sermons, others as group studies.
Our hope is that these older studies will be a blessing to you in your life and ministry. Please use them in any way God leads you.
These teaching notes are from a series of studies about the Duties of a Church Leader.
Taken from the Letters of Paul to Timothy
The Church Leader Should:
31. Be content with food and clothing
32. Flee from the love of money and material possessions
33. Follow after:
34. Charge the rich members of the Church:
- To not be high-minded, but humble
- Not to trust in money and material possessions, but in God
- To give liberally of their earthly goods to the needs of others
35. Avoid profane and vain babbling and oppositions of science falsely so called
36. Not be ashamed of the testimony of the Lord, but be partakers of the afflictions of the Gospel
37. Hold fast the form of sound words and that good thing which was committed unto him
38. Be strong in the grace that is in Christ
39. Teach faithful men what he has learned from the Word so that they will be able to teach others (discipleship)
40. Endure hardness as a good soldier
We will look at ten more Duties of a Church Leader in the next part of our special series.
[Thank you for reading these teaching notes from more than 40 years ago. My prayer is they will be a blessing to you and your ministry.]