Teaching Notes are Bible studies we taught before GraceLife Ministries began publishing articles online in 1995. Some were presented as sermons, others as group studies.
Our hope is that these older studies will be a blessing to you in your life and ministry. Please use them in any way God leads you.
These teaching notes are from a series of studies about the Duties of a Church Leader.
Taken from the Letters of Paul to Timothy
The Church Leader Should:
41. Teach Church members:
- Not to entangle themselves in the affairs of this life
- Please God who chose them
- To strive lawfully
- That if we are dead in Christ, we shall live with Christ; if we suffer for Christ, we shall reign with Christ; if we deny Christ, He will deny us
42. Study to show himself approved unto God:
- A workman needing not to be ashamed
- Rightly dividing the Word of Truth
43. Flee youthful lusts
44. Be in the company of Christians who follow after righteousness, faith, love, and peace out of a pure heart
45. Avoid foolish and unlearned questions
46. Not to cause strife, but be gentle unto all men
47. Instruct those who oppose them in the spirit of meekness
48. Persevere in the teaching of Christ
49. Be mature, thoroughly furnished unto all good works
50. Focus continually on doing these seven important things:
- Preach the Word
- Be instant in season and out of season
- Reprove, rebuke and exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine
- Be watchful in all things
- Endure afflictions
- Do the work of an evangelist
- Fully prove his ministry
Church Leader eBook
We invite you to download a free copy of the Duties of the Church Leader eBook by clicking here.
[Thank you for reading these teaching notes from more than 40 years ago. My prayer is they will be a blessing to you and your ministry.]